About the Role
CFO and VP Financial Reporting
Team Size To Manage:
Reporting to the VP Financial Reporting and Treasury, this exciting and challenging role will be responsible for leading internal and external reporting in a fast-paced and evolving business. You will oversee full-cycle reporting and accounting including the preparation of financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and an MD&A. You will be a change agent, driving improvements in the reporting process, adopting best practices, and working collaboratively with other business leaders. You will own the Finance technology stack in conjunction with IT, and lead process automation. In addition, you will lead and mentor a team of finance professionals.
Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS including an MD&A.
· Oversee monthly financial reporting and implement best practices in the reporting process.
· Oversee accounting systems, policies, and procedures, identifying and driving opportunities to automate.
· Oversee the internal controls environment, managing risk and ensuring the integrity of all systems and data.
· Oversee the accurate preparation of annual tax returns (e.g. T2, T106, and T1134) and other returns (e.g. GST).
· Oversee the Company’s external audit, tax advisors and various other service providers, and manage CRA inquiries and audits.
· Hire, train, and mentor team members.
· Drive improvements in the ERP through partnering with IT and support other business leaders in automation projects such as the implementation of the budgeting and forecasting tool.
· Work collaboratively with other business leaders to support cross-functional projects.
· Lead financial due diligence, research, or analyses on potential acquisitions and dispositions as and when required. Lead finance integration post-acquisition.
· All other duties as requested from time to time by the VP Financial Reporting and the CFO.
We’re looking for curious and out-of-the-box thinkers who show curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People who share our mission. Here are a few qualities that set amazing candidates apart from the rest:
· University degree, an accounting designation (CPA), and big 4 experience.
· Minimum 8+ years of progressive experience, including leading a high performing team.
· Prior experience working in a publicly listed company and strong background in Canadian or SEC corporate reporting is required.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills.
· Experience using Microsoft D365 is required.
· Experience using Workiva is an asset.
· Experience in Floqast, Concur, ADP payroll, Corporate Taxprep, and online banking platforms will be considered an advantage
· Proven leader with a service-delivery focus, good business acumen, ability to adapt to change and shifting priorities in a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
· Proven change agent with a track record of driving process improvements and automation. Knowing “what great looks like” and building/refining processes to match.
· An interest in learning about Accounting for Sustainability.
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
· Excellent organization and time management skills, critical thinking, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet both internal and external deadlines.